An automobile claims adjuster deals with people at their worst. They are upset, shaken, in shock and always, have their own version of how the accident happened. If you ask each party involved what happened, you are going to get a different story.
There are a few statements that may or may not be true. They have been around for many years and now printed on numerous websites. These are statements made to police or to the automobile insurance adjuster after they had been involved in an accident.
- The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intentions.
- Going to work this morning, I drove out of my driveway straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.
- I didn’t think the speed limit applied after midnight.
- I thought my window was down, but I found out it was up when I put my head through it.
- A truck backed through my windshield into my wife’s face.
- A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
- The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment.
- In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
- I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.
I can honestly say that I am not surprised at these statements. You are shaken after having an accident and could spurt out anything. I think probably 99% of people involved in an automobile accident, do not feel they were responsible for it. I personally received a call from a client who needed a new windscreen. When asked what happened to it, she told me that she was driving and this pesky mosquito was irritating her, so she tried to get it, hit the windshield, cracked it, and still didn’t get the bug. Here are a few more.
- I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident
- I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble, when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.
- As I approached the intersection, a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
- I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman…as he bounced off the roof of my car.
- My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
- On approach to the traffic lights, the car in front suddenly broke.
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.
- The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run, so I ran over him.
- I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
- The telephone pole was approaching, I was attempting to swerve out of its way, when it struck my front end.
- Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.
While stories like these raise a smile, it underlines the importance of automobile insurance cover. Most Companies have outstanding claims adjusters who help people through the claims process. It doesn’t matter how bizarre or how embarrassing it may be to the client, if you ask them, a claims adjusters will tell you they have heard everything.
Do you have any queries on auto insurance claims? Feel free to meet Alfred.
[Some funny statements have been taken from other resources. Below are few examples: